Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital Research Institute (ICZMP) is a leading reference center (third degree) in the field of obstetrics, gynecology and pediatrics, which conducts scientific research and provides specialized medical services for the residents of the central region of Poland.The strength and high medical standard of the Institute are guaranteed by distinguished team of physicians and researchers (over 1600 employees). Nearly 250 of them hold the title or academic degree (27 Professors, 206 PhDs and over 30 young scientists). Student Research Association gathers young biologists, chemists, MDs with passion for capacity- building activities and research development.
The educational potential of the Institute encompasses vast area of medicine and life sciences initially with reproductive endocrinology and gynecology, through obstetrics, fetal disorders and pediatrics up to aging related pathology.
The scientific assignments of the Institute are conducted at:
- Department of Neonatology.
- Department of Perinatology and Gynecology.
- Department of Operative Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Department of Operative Gynecology, Endoscopy and Gynecologic Oncology.
- Department of Surgical Oncology and Breast Diseases.
- Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases.
- Department of Gynecology, Fertility and Fetal Therapy.
- Department of Genetics.
- Department of Pathology.
- Laboratory Diagnostics Center.
- Department of Rehabilitation.
- Outpatient Clinic of Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital- Research Institute.
- Department of Prenatal Cardiology.
- Department of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Department of Cardiology.
- Department of Cardiac Surgery.
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Department of Neurosurgery.
- Department of Neurology.
- Department of Otolaryngology.
- Department of Gastroenterology, Allergology and Pediatrics/ GAP Department.
- Department of Ophthalmology.
- Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care.
- Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology.
- Department of Pediatrics, Immunology and Nephrology
- Department of Intensive Care and Congenital Defects of Infants and Neonates.
The Institute has considerable experience in the implementation of projects financed from the European Union funds and aid programs. The Institute has participated in national research programs, e.g. “Improving perinatal care” and “Cervical Cancer Prevention and Early Detection”. Additionally, numerous international trials have been carried out. The Institute cooperates with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Ministry of Health, Polish Academy of Sciences, Medical Center of Postgraduate Education and other scientific and research institutions.Scientific community of the Institute belongs to international scientific networks. e.g. CHIPS (Control of Hypertension in Pregnancy Study) coordinated by the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada), which gathered research centers from 16 countries worldwide (2009-2014).
The Institute maintains a continuous stream of publication – in the period of 1998-2014: 3358 publications, including 739 research papers published in professional journals, 630 monographs’ chapters, 5 monographs and over 3464 abstracts presented at national and international conferences.