The Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital – Research Institute continues cooperation with the Lodz University of the Third Age named after Helena Kretz.
The lecture “Why seniors should go to a gynaecologist” given by Magdalena Kajdos, PhD, from the Department of Operative Gynaecology and Gynaecologic Oncology inaugurated the next season of cooperation between the Institute and ŁUTW.
Several dozen people attended the meeting in Hall of the Faculty of Biology and Environment Preservation of the University of Lodz.
– Why don’t we go to a gynaecologist? – asked dr. Kajdos. – Many ladies think: I am not young, why do I need it? There are patients who are ashamed. Some are afraid, others do not like this examination.
“Students” listened to the lecture with interest. They seeded convinced that it is worth going to a gynaecologist at any age, because at the end they awarded the lecturer with applause and lined up to ask questions.
Alicja Korytkowska, the president of ŁUTW invited listeners to the next lectures organized in cooperation with PMMH.
This semester, UTW “students” will have the opportunity to listen to: prof. Elżbieta Czkwianianc, MD, PhD, the head of the Department of Gastroenterology, Allergology and Paediatrics (“Is it worth using probiotics?”, 08.01.2020, 12:30) and Aneta Gwozdowska, MA, clinical dietitian (“What and how to eat to live long” – 17.01.2020, at 13).
So far, at the University of the Third Age the following PMMH’s experts lectured:
- Agata Bielecka-Dąbrowa, the head of the Heart Failure Unit;
- Andrzej Lewiński, the head of the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases;
- Marek Maciejewski, MD, PhD, the head of Cardiology and Congenital Malformations of Adults;
- Marek Zadrożny, the head of the Department of Surgical Oncology and Breast Diseases.