Logo Human Resources Excellence in Research
The “HR Excellence in Research” award gives public recognition to research institutions that have made progress in aligning their human resource policies with the principles set out in the “Charter & Code”. Institutions that have been awarded the right to use the icon can use it to highlight their commitment to implement fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures for researchers.
It is one of the activities of the European Commission in the framework of Human Resources Strategy for Researchers. The award “HR Excellence in Research” will identify the institutions and organizations as providers and supporters of a stimulating and favorable working environment. The European Commission supports the implementation of Charter & Code by organization of meetings and discussions with institutions involved in this activity. The implementation of the Charter & Code by research institutions will make them more attractive for researchers looking for a new employer or for a host of their research project.
In order to receive the logo, the following procedures have to be fulfilled:
- Firstly, it is recommend to carry out an internal analysis of the institution which will assess in which extent its functioning is compatible with the Charter & Code. The table Template for internal analysis prepared by the European Commission may help in this task.
- On the basis of the results of the analysis, HR strategy and action plan has to be prepared. It should aim at identifying the main gaps with a description of the specific actions that lead to their abolishment. The documents have to be send to the European Commission to e-mail address: RTD-CHARTER@ec.europa.eu
The European Commission established the following 2-week periods for submission of the documents:
1-15 May 2015; 1- 15 September; 1- 15 November; 1- 15 February 2016
The assessment of submitted documents will be performed within 3 months after each deadline.
- After the acceptance of the strategy and action plan, the European Commission awards the logo HR Excellence in Research.
- After 2 years, the institution should carry out the assessment of the progress and the results of the implementation of the principles of the Charter and Code.
- After 4 years, external analysis will be carried out by experts appointed by the European Commission, the results of this analysis will determine the continuation of the right to use the logo.
Additional information and documents concerning this process are available on the website of European Commission.
Coordinator of HR activities:
Edyta Milewska, MA
Department of Science and Research Collaboration
ph. +48 42271-1606
Logo HR Excellence in Research for our Institute
PMMH-RI – Polish leading reference center in the field of obstetrics, gynecology and pediatrics, aims to receive “Human Resources Excellence in Research” logo, granted by the European Commission under the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) process. This elaboration is intended to provide accurate and authoritative level of scientific working conditions, supportive environment and recruitment of researchers, including all aspects of Charter & Code principles and Good Practice in Research. All undertakings aim to raise the level of research activities compatible with HRS4R at PMMH-RI and provide opportunities for the exchange of experiences with other organizations across Europe.
HR Committee: members of the Department of Science and Research Collaboration, represented by Prof. Mariusz Stasiołek – Scientific Secretary and Ms. Agnieszka Klepacka – Head of Department, Human Resources Department, represented by Ms. Małgorzata Sadowska as well as Association of Scientists at Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital- Research Institute in Lodz, represented by Prof. Paweł Szychta, gathered in order to perform the Internal Analysis of the current practice at the Institute. Particular aspects crucial for the assessment of the situation were discussed and the most appropriate solutions were suggested in particular areas. The internal analysis also pointed to a variety of further fields of action to be addressed in a mid- or long-term perspective. Based on the analysis and its results and conclusions the central points of action were easily inferred and described in Internal Analysis.
On 18 August, 2016 Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital- Research Institute in Łódź, received logo “HR Excellence in Research” granted by the European Commission to institutions which apply the rules of “The European Charter for Researchers” and “The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers”.
The activities aiming at implementation of the rules of Charter and Code are intended to establish the strong position of the Institute as a stimulating scientific environment, as well as the adjustment of strategic aims to the international initiative of the European Commission.